History of CiS
Corporate Interior Solutions, Inc was established in September of 2000 by John Coovert, CEO, and Dean Lawton, President. The company positioned itself as a leading designer and fabricator of custom interiors and tradeshow exhibits. Their philosophy was to focus on unique high profile projects that allow the company to utilize its talents and dedication to detail. Today, their focal point is improving their customers’ image through cohesive design of corporate facilities and tradeshow programs.
Although not publicly listed as such, Corporate Interior Solutions is one of the fastest growing small businesses in Indiana, experiencing a 50 percent plus annual growth rate over the past four years.
- 2015 – Expanded in-house CNC capabilities with new state-of-the-art equipment.
- 2013 – CiS moved to its new 24,000 sq ft office on the east side of Indianapolis.
- 2012 – Dean Lawton passed away. John Coovert and Dave Zimmerman remain as principals of the company. Christie Petersen joined the company as director of sales. With her degrees in Architecture and interior design, she brought a wealth of design knowledge and an understanding of client needs.
- 2010 – Corporate Interior Solutions added additional warehousing facilities and negotiated a contract to do national fulfillment display work for Delta Faucet Company.
- 2007 – Dave Zimmerman joined the company as the Chief Operating Officer. Dave brought vast project management experience and tradeshow management experience to CIS.
- 2002 – The company moved from its original location to its current facility located on the east side of Indianapolis. The company is in the process of moving to a bigger facility in the fall of 2014.